Kitty Bolles wrote:I've been growing mushrooms on and off indoors for a couple of years.I am not a forager and have no clue what kind of mushroom this is.It was about 80 degrees here yesterday, we had a nice thunderstorm last night and this morning we found this on our walk. We do have some oyster mushrooms growing on a dying willow tree. I assume it was from spores from my hobby mushrooms. The mushrooms we have had spore here from is King Oyster(King Trumpet), multiple oyster mushrooms,a variety of different kinds of shiitake and wine caps.This mushroom smells just like a healthy woodland mushroom.Would love to take a spore print and cultivate it but if it's poisonous I'll skip it.
Any clues what it is? I am in Central Illinois.
Kitty Bolles wrote:there are scary stories about poisonous look alikes but these are very easy to identify once you know what you are looking for.
Gravity is a harsh mistress. But this tiny ad is pretty easy to deal with:
Switching from electric heat to a rocket mass heater reduces your carbon footprint as much as parking 7 carshttp://woodheat.net