Zone 6, 45 inches precipitation, hard clay soil
"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
Located in Western West Virginia
Fall Decor Pumpkins/squash that are excellent eating
https://permies.com/t/168071/Fall-Decor-Pumpkins-squash-excellent
Zone 6, 45 inches precipitation, hard clay soil
Deedee Dezso wrote:Only distance, and alot of it (often 100 feet or greater, up to a mile), will help prevent this crossing. Or only planting 1 of any sub-tribe. If I'm growing zucchini (green or yellow), I do not plant any pepo winter squash.
--
"Whitewashed Hope: A Message from 10+ Indigenous Leaders and Organizations"
https://www.culturalsurvival.org/news/whitewashed-hope-message-10-indigenous-leaders-and-organizations
Ac Baker wrote:
Deedee Dezso wrote:Only distance, and alot of it (often 100 feet or greater, up to a mile), will help prevent this crossing. Or only planting 1 of any sub-tribe. If I'm growing zucchini (green or yellow), I do not plant any pepo winter squash.
I'm growing on an allotment garden site with up to 40 other people growing squash. These will mostly be courgettes (zucchini) or pumpkins.
The whole site is only about, I guess 200 yards long. So getting uncrossed varieties from which to save seed sounds like low probability for me unfortunately.
"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."
Located in Western West Virginia
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” — Abraham Lincoln
|
Look at the smile on this tiny ad!
better than composting toilets
https://www.richsoil.com/willow
|