• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • paul wheaton
  • Anne Miller
  • Carla Burke
  • Nancy Reading
  • John F Dean
  • Timothy Norton
  • Jay Angler
stewards:
  • r ransom
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Tereza Okava
master gardeners:
  • Christopher Weeks
gardeners:
  • M Ljin
  • Megan Palmer
  • Kate Downham

818: take hundreds of pictures and post the best pics on a stock photo site for money.

 
Posts: 596
72
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Raven,
I don't understand the photo, but I don't get out much. :/
.
I was up by the Canadian border today, I think you are on the opposite side of the country though.
.
Mike
IMG_20200923_174754428_BURST006.jpg
[Thumbnail for IMG_20200923_174754428_BURST006.jpg]
 
steward & author
Posts: 48415
Location: Left Coast Canada
20272
10
art trees books chicken cooking fiber arts
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It's been a while.  I'm pretty much done with Shutterstock.  They were great for improving my technical skills, but the reduced payout and crazy upload restrictions make it not worth my time.  

But I'm still getting a paycheck once or twice a year from the photos already uploaded.  

I am thinking of uploading to Alamy again soon.  I haven't sold as many photos there or gotten paid from them yet, but having the excuse to take photos is something I miss and they treated me a lot better than Shutterstock.  
 
r ransom
steward & author
Posts: 48415
Location: Left Coast Canada
20272
10
art trees books chicken cooking fiber arts
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
although I stopped submitting photos, I'm still getting a tiny income once or twice a year.


However, I regret that I needed room on my computer and deleted a lot of my images from this time.  Now I want to use them as inspiration for painting I either have to buy them or use them with the watermark.  It would have been much better if I had the original files.  

 
She said she got a brazillian. I think owning people is wrong. That is how I learned ... tiny ad:
The Communities Directory at IC.org
https://permies.com/wiki/190212/Communities-Directory-IC-org
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic