• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Permaculture: A practical guide for a substainable future - it it the same as the designers' manual?  RSS feed

 
Burra Maluca
Mother Tree
Posts: 10011
Location: Portugal
923
bee bike books duck forest garden greening the desert solar trees wofati
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator


One of the reviews on amazon says that
Few people know that this is the same book as Permaculture: A Designers' Manual. I've compared them side by side and only the cover and first few pages are different.


Can anyone confirm that this is true or not?

Here's the link to amazon - Permaculture:A practical guide for a substainable future

 
John Wheeler
Posts: 41
Location: Slippery Rock, PA
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Burra Maluca wrote:
One of the reviews on amazon says that
Few people know that this is the same book as Permaculture: A Designers' Manual. I've compared them side by side and only the cover and first few pages are different.


Can anyone confirm that this is true or not?

Here's the link to amazon - Permaculture:A practical guide for a substainable future

Somewhat of a moot point, as the PDM is cheaper and more readily available, unless you already have a copy.... but they are roughly the same length.
 
Burra Maluca
Mother Tree
Posts: 10011
Location: Portugal
923
bee bike books duck forest garden greening the desert solar trees wofati
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
John Wheeler wrote:
Somewhat of a moot point, as the PDM is cheaper and more readily available, unless you already have a copy.... but they are roughly the same length.


Well not really. On amazon.co.uk at the moment the cheapest PDM is £113 but Permaculture: a practical guide is available for £69. Awesome Books are out of stock but have it listed at £27.

Which is quite a difference.
 
Robert Ray
gardener
Posts: 1351
Location: Cascades of Oregon
12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have this book Burra but I do not have the PDM so I can't say for sure.
 
Elsie Siderea
Posts: 7
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Robert Ray wrote:I have this book Burra but I do not have the PDM so I can't say for sure.


I had the PDM out from the library, and purchased this book. Except for the cover and introductions, they are identical down to the illustrations, photos and type layouts.
carol

 
Burra Maluca
Mother Tree
Posts: 10011
Location: Portugal
923
bee bike books duck forest garden greening the desert solar trees wofati
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks so much for checking that out for us!
 
Yup, yup, yup. Tiny ad:
The Earth Sheltered Solar Greenhouse Book by Mike Oehler - digital download
https://permies.com/wiki/23444/digital-market/digital-market/Earth-Sheltered-Solar-Greenhouse-Book
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!