Anne Miller wrote:When we built our first aid kit, it was a backpack.
Something that we could grab and go.
I still feel the grab-and-go kit is a good idea.
Think about natural disasters in your area.
What would cause your family to be evacuated?
What would you need in a kit if you had to leave on foot?
What would your family need if they were staying in a rescue shelter?
Just some food for thought.
Anne- to my mind this description is a bug out bag and will contain a change of clothes, some travel foods, and something to filter and carry water in addition to some 1st aid items, ways to have fire, flashlight and extra batteries, some cash, small notebook and writing implements, knives, emergency blanket. Just to name a few. I made 2 of these for hubby and I years ago in external frame backpacks.
As this response is being generated by the receipt of an email stating theres been a reply, i don't know off hand if I've already made a similar post on this thread. If so, please forgive.