This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Homesteading. (Note that this BB is part of a four-part choose your own adventure called Little List. You must complete four Badge Bits in the Little List.)
In this Badge Bit, you will create or restock a first aid kit.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- you must create or restock a first aid kit (that needs restocking)
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide:
- a before picture of the supplies to create your first aid kit (or of the current status of a first aid kit)
- a list of the supplies in the first aid kit being created (or a list of supplies in stock and out of stock in the first aid kit)
- an after picture of he completed first aid kit you made (or of the newly restocked first aid kit)
I didn't even realize this was a BB! Woohoo, this should be a fun one, and I already have everything I need!
I've got a pretty extensive collection of medical supplies: most of them are just basic stuff like cold meds, pain killers, tummy stuff, but I have a pretty good stock of more traditional First Aid supplies. I also have a little kit made up so my family can just grab it and bring me what I need.
I needed to replace some expired stuff, so took some pictures to fulfill my BB!
Here's what's in the First Aid "Go Kit"
My old Lifeguarding pouch contains my CPR mask and one-way valve, and is always buckled to the Go Kit.
I've had training on how to use all of my tools, including the suture kits (worked in a clinic and assisted with minor inpatient surgical procedures).
There are more specialized tools in my general supplies, but they aren't needed as often so they stay in the big drawer.
I Solemnly Swear I am NOT the crazy cat lady!
*but not for a lack of trying!
We had a bunch of medical supplies in a cardboard box, but I managed to get ahold of an old empty first aid kit bag, so packed the most used items into it. Not sure if that counts as a resupply or a creation. Either way it works.
Emergency info sheets
Bergamot/eucalyptus/mint muscle rub
Various sizes of bandaids
Here is my submission for the Homesteading - Sand - Restock First Aid Kit BB.
To document the completion of the BB, I have provided the following:
- a before picture of the supplies to create your first aid kit (or of the current status of a first aid kit
- a list of the supplies in the first aid kit being created (or a list of supplies in stock and out of stock in the first aid kit
- an after picture of the completed first aid kit you made (or of the newly restocked first aid kit
Since I recently purchased a new car, I thought it would be a good idea to go through the first aid kit and refresh/restock.
A while back, the company my sister works for replaced all their first aid kits and she brought home the 1/2 stocked kits. We restocked two (one for each of our cars) and kept the empty kits/bags. This time I decided to add "pages" to my kit and improve the organization while restocking.
a small assortment of bandaids and gauze pads
1 small roll of gauze and tape
Expired medications - removed
1 pair exam gloves
antiseptic wipes (sting-free)
1 pk moleskin
Sterile Eye Pad Gauze
1 pk sterile gauze
sunscreen (1 pk)
1 cold pack
Out of Stock/Added:
more bandaids, gauze pads, gauze (roll), adhesive tape
2 more cold packs
more exam gloves in individual Ziplocs to keep clean(ish)
hot packs - hand/feet warmers
Sterile saline for contacts or eye rinse
castile soap wipes
sting stop wipes
more and different antiseptic towelettes
hypergel packs for washing out wounds