This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Plumbing.
In this Badge Bit, you will put collected water through a Berkey filter. (Note that this BB is part of a 6-part choose your own adventure list BB called the Tiny List. You must complete six Badge Bits in the Tiny List.)
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- put collected water through a berkey filter
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide:
- a before picture of the water being collected
- a picture of the collected water going into the berkey filter
- an after picture of the collected water coming out of the Berkey filter
- OR a 2-minute video of you doing this
I’ve been using a Berkey for the last 1.5 years since I heard Jack Spirko talking about them, and refill ours every ~2 days... does that count? We switched from using an RO system for about 5 years, but all our drinking water and cooking water goes through the Berkey first. Can send pics of that right now, at work...