• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Anne Miller
  • paul wheaton
  • Pearl Sutton
stewards:
  • Leigh Tate
  • jordan barton
  • r ranson
master gardeners:
  • Carla Burke
  • Jay Angler
  • John F Dean
  • Nancy Reading
  • Beau Davidson
gardeners:
  • Heather Sharpe
  • AndrĂ©s Bernal
  • Ashley Cottonwood

Solar Dehydrator Plans - Combo Package download

 
Posts: 2
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I payed for the plans but can only download the materials list and worded instructions, not the actual plans
 
master steward
Posts: 38704
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Sarah McArthur wrote:I payed for the plans but can only download the materials list and worded instructions, not the actual plans



I see that you have donwloaded several files successfully.  Can you tell me exactly which file is giving you trouble, and what sort of trouble you are experiencing?
 
Sarah McArthur
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am unable to download the ATC07ALL and the MARK06ALL

The other 3 I have downloaded. It gets to about 80% and then says download fail
 
paul wheaton
master steward
Posts: 38704
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Sarah McArthur wrote:I am unable to download the ATC07ALL and the MARK06ALL

The other 3 I have downloaded. It gets to about 80% and then says download fail



It looks like yesterday you were able to successfully download MARK_06-ALL.pdf - so all that is left is ATC_07-ALL.  Correct?

The report I am looking at says "network error" for your two failed attempts.  Is your internet connection kinda lame?  

ATC_07-ALL is the biggest of the files and if your internet connection is a bit dodgy it might take several tries. Maybe give it another try today?

 
Posts: 1
Location: Korea, Republic of
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Is there a proper recipe for the Charcoal Paint that is used in the solar dehydrator somewhere? I'm wanting the Borax type.
 
master steward & author
Posts: 26774
Location: Left Coast Canada
8501
4
books chicken cooking fiber arts sheep writing
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I merged your stuff with the following thread. I hope that is okay by you.
 
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks to the drawings you provided, I made it! The temperature in the drying chamber is 80 degrees above and 50 degrees below. The air flow is not sure how to get the data. I would like to know what is the best temperature for this dryer? Inside the collector I used a 0.5 mm thick metal sheet, and reflective film, and the glass is made of transparent sunlight sheet (endurance sheet)
 
pollinator
Posts: 517
Location: Central Texas (Georgetown)
294
3
monies tiny house wofati
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

pumen li wrote:Thanks to the drawings you provided, I made it! The temperature in the drying chamber is 80 degrees above and 50 degrees below. The air flow is not sure how to get the data. I would like to know what is the best temperature for this dryer? Inside the collector I used a 0.5 mm thick metal sheet, and reflective film, and the glass is made of transparent sunlight sheet (endurance sheet)

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the pictures! These things come to mind: 1) Make sure to seal the system by caulking corners. 2) Wind alignment could effect the air movement. 3) Read the temperature of the air exiting the system through the rear hollow wall.
 
pumen li
Posts: 11
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Davin Hoyt wrote:

pumen li wrote:Thanks to the drawings you provided, I made it! The temperature in the drying chamber is 80 degrees above and 50 degrees below. The air flow is not sure how to get the data. I would like to know what is the best temperature for this dryer? Inside the collector I used a 0.5 mm thick metal sheet, and reflective film, and the glass is made of transparent sunlight sheet (endurance sheet)

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the pictures! These things come to mind: 1) Make sure to seal the system by caulking corners. 2) Wind alignment could effect the air movement. 3) Read the temperature of the air exiting the system through the rear hollow wall.



-_20220516111213.jpg
[Thumbnail for -_20220516111213.jpg]
-_20220516111217.jpg
[Thumbnail for -_20220516111217.jpg]
-_20220516111221.jpg
[Thumbnail for -_20220516111221.jpg]
-_20220516111225.jpg
[Thumbnail for -_20220516111225.jpg]
-_20220516111229.jpg
[Thumbnail for -_20220516111229.jpg]
-_20220516111233.jpg
[Thumbnail for -_20220516111233.jpg]
 
Davin Hoyt
pollinator
Posts: 517
Location: Central Texas (Georgetown)
294
3
monies tiny house wofati
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

pumen li wrote:Thanks to the drawings you provided, I made it! The temperature in the drying chamber is 80 degrees above and 50 degrees below. The air flow is not sure how to get the data. I would like to know what is the best temperature for this dryer? Inside the collector I used a 0.5 mm thick metal sheet, and reflective film, and the glass is made of transparent sunlight sheet (endurance sheet)



I don't know the ideal temperatures, and differences in temperatures that make the dehydrator flush air. That would be a really cool ratio to find out!

My initial trouble shooting notes/ideas after seeing your pictures:

1) Glass: No sun treatment.
2) Collector: Back drop material needs to catch and maintain heat.
3) Cabinet: Seal door and remove air obstruction (currently a damper) at bottom of rear wall.
 
No. No. No. No. Changed my mind. Wanna come down. To see this tiny ad:
PTJ Event 2022 - Spinning Wheel from Bike Parts
https://permies.com/t/179581/PTJ-Event-Spinning-Wheel-Bike
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permies Affiliates Program
Click here to learn how to be an affiliate for "Solar Dehydrator Plans - Combo Package download", and start earning 40% of the sales it makes!