East plate set. It isn't as nicely set as the other three; I believe its flatest side is twisted from the center line outwards. I chose the mid point of the plate's length as my level point and neither the south nor the north ends are perfectly flush.
As a result, I must say the crazy Russian method requires you start at one end of a log and work towards the other end. I tried sawing from both ends. One half of the two sides is less twisted but the one with slightly more material was twisted enough to be troublesome.
After I have the weight of the building on the plates, I'll revisit the east plate.
...went to Taco Tuesday yesterday, got some yummy food, laundry done, and downloaded vids on a ram pump trompe hammer all in one device...also a way to pump water using passive solar....that's right, just sunshine, no motor, no electricity. ...and bothered Mike H. and Kyle about heat again :]
Today I realized I needed water from Ends Well if I wanted to still wash dishes and my hands. Of course I don't want my honeylocust and sunchoke to die off or call it quits so soon because of the heat.
Turns out Paul was right, the water cleared up after pumping 300 gallons out...there isn't any more clay that's for certain. We'll see what happens in September.
Also found an 18 footer for my south wall top plate.