To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- 7 feet tall, 7 feet wide, 6 feet long
- mulch it with at least 4 different kinds of mulch
- seed/plant at least a dozen different species
- mostly nitrogen fixers
- at least three comfrey plants
- at least three sunchokes
- at least a dozen sepp holzer grains
To document your completion of the BB, provide the following:
- Two photos of the site before the work is started with the intended location marked out
- Two photos of the site after the work is complete from the same two locations as the beginning pictures
- Multiple photos during construction showing the contents of the hugel
- Photos of the seeds, tubers, plants, etc prior to planting
- A one paragraph write-up of what wood was used, what plants were planted, what mulches were applied and other important details
- A photo showing some evidence that the bed is 7+ feet tall.
- You may use an excavator or other heavy equipment if needed.
- digging 3' deep trenches on either side of a spot, piling wood there and covering with the trench dirt is one way to satisfy this BB.