To apply, please show you have earned 20 PEP Badge Bits. :: At least 20 :: Any PEP Badge BB, Any Level :: Oddball, 1 Full Point Equivalent To 1 BB ::
Earners of BB20 Certification are currently entitled to a packet of Sepp Holzer grain to be mailed within the U.S. If you wish for a packet of 42 grains to be mailed to you, please post saying so to this thread and a staff member will contact you to coordinate details. This is not a forever thing.
I pursued these twenty bits for the purity of it all but now I see that I can now obtain Sepp Holzer grains without shady backroom deals and third party couriers in Ireland, which is quite a relief. Yes please, I would like some.
So, I have earned ten bits. These went into the BB10:
I still have 2 pending certification, but since the total is 26, it already meets the criteria regardless. It's about time I actually get the certification note for having 20. :) As to the grains, I would absolutely love them.
1. Built a kindling cracker (If you've got a RMH, and you should have one, this is a "must have" tool in my opinion.)
2. Developed a residual income stream. (Would you like a Huang Raising Hammer?)
3. Sold goods I've made. (Can I interest you in some art?)
4. Cooked some grains in an instapot. (It was tasty as a Spanish rice dish.)
5. Powered up the chainsaw to cut down a dead tree. (Lots more standing firewood to cut thanks to the emerald ash borer!)
6. Got a good arm workout sawing down another dead tree. (We tend to forget that the crosscut saw was a marvel of technology at one time. Sure beats gnawing down a tree with your teeth!)
7. Put together a small 12 volt DC solar system. (Specially designed for camping. Ok, it's really for car camping. I wouldn't want to carry the battery or solar panel in a back pack!)
8. Raised a small copper bowl. (This is what I've been doing for my day job! So it was an easy, if time consuming, one for me.)
9. Made some copper tongs. (I don't know why most metalsmiths purchase flimsy, cheap copper tongs when it's so easy to make superior ones with basic metalsmithing skills.)
10. Was an electricity oddball, replacing my home system solar battery bank. (Ouch, but this was an expensive BB to do! Hopefully I can make this new battery bank last 10+ years.)
Here are 10 of the new BB's to make a total of 20:
I was reviewing my PEP stuff tonight and discovered I have juuuust over 20 certified BBs and a few more on the way! Super excited and indeed interested in the Sepp Holzer grains if they’re still part of the deal.
"Each of us have a unique and necessary gift to the world. The purpose of life is to express our gifts. We are all here to contribute our gifts toward something greater than ourselves, and will never be content unless we are." - Charles Eisenstein