In this badge bit, you will harvest, dry and store lavender blossom.
You need to dry enough to make a tea, infusion or decoction. If you have not already, you will also make a journal page about the uses and attributes and how to ID and how to grow the herb
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must post:
- a picture of your fresh herbs being harvested
- a picture of your herbs drying (hanging, in a dehydrator, or in a bag, etc)
- a picture of your herbs in a sealed and labelled container.
- label shows where the herbs came from, the date and method of drying.
- (optional) a picture of your journal page listing the attributes and uses of the herb.
Using this video: How to Harvest Lavender, I'm attempting to harvest some of my lavender.
It appears from the video that it's little black seeds that are the harvest.
ETA: Found the seeds. They're so small and a little labor-intensive to extract. The videos on YT look like the tincture is made from vodka and the dried flowers. Anyone have experience with this? My flowers are dried and not colorful any longer.
My mom's herb book used the whole flower, and I've only ever seen people use the flower. I think you can use the whole flower for this BB. (I mean you could just use the seed, but I don't think that's necessary!)
Maybe the video you watched was focused on harvesting the seeds to plant? (I can't watch it right now, as I'm singing my daughter to sleep right now)