This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Nest.
In this Badge Bit, you will clean an area rug. (Note that this BB is part of an 8-part choose your own adventure list BB called the Jeeves List. You must complete eight Badge Bits in the Jeeves List.)
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- clean an area rug
- take rug outside and beat it
- let rug sit in the sun for at least two hours to kill dust mites and other nasties?
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide:
- a before picture of the area rug
- an action shot of you beating the rug
- an after picture of the rug after at least 2 hours in the sunlight
- a description of any additional procedures in cleaning the area rug
- OR a 2-minute video of you doing this
The one and only area rug we have. It was carried outside, turned over and had the crap beat out of it, that thing was filthy, and left out in the sun for about a week sunny side up. Ahem, mostly because I forgot to carry it back inside .
Zone 8a Handicapped Gardener with crutches, sometimes a wheelchair
Today I cleaned our entry rug. I've vacuumed and shook it outside many a time over the years, but I've never hit it with a stick. Come to find out, hitting it with a stick is FAR more effective than other methods. After smacking the rug for at least 30 minutes, and it still was making dust (and I'd developed a blister on my hand), I started chucking it against my kids climbing dome. There's so much dust in this thing!
My son took a video of me smacking it, complete with epic sound effects and narrations: