After I cleared the area where one leak is in the pond, I was told that it would be useful to expose the rest of the sides of the pond.
Currently, they are dry ponds, because they're leaky. The plan is to seal the lower pond, the one I'm working one, and then seal the upper pond. That way if the upper pond leaks, it will go into the lower pond.
This is what the two concrete ponds look like, after I had cleared out the area around them.
This is the first leak uncovered in the pond.
This is the progress I made recently to expose more of the wall. I'll be working more on this tomorrow.
Thank you, Travis! This s=is the first pond I've worked on! All I'm doing right now is investigative work. I am searching for all the cracks in the pond, so that they can then be sealed up. Since the paint was drying on the windows and it wasn't that bad outside, I spent all of today on this project.
I found several more cracks in the pond today.
I did a lot of clearing up the areas around and beneath the cracks to expose their full extent.
So far, most of the cracks look like planned cracks from when the concrete was poured, like expansion joints of a sort. But there are a few cracks that look unplanned, because they are smooth on the surface and don't show the poured concrete being laid that way.