I tried as best as I could to see what changes have been made, but of course an explanation works better.
I have a few questions regarding the stove
1. Is there any secondary air, if there is, where
2. Is the box still the same dimensions as on the batchrocket.eu site?
3. It appears as if the port has been moved to the top rear of the box, and that the riser/riser stub has been completely removed. If that is the case, how is the box scaled in the absence of riser CSA?
4. The cylinder used for the top box, that is generally used to contain molten metal, am I correct? What is it called and where could one procure one
5. The dsr2 system allows for an open firebox, does this new system allow for that? If the answer to question 1 is a yes does making this an open system eliminate the need for secondary air?.
I do have a lot of the same questions... I just haven't asked them yet, knowing that he is actively working on this and will release design perimeters when they are finalized.
The home-made "riser" cylinder in described in the development forum.
I would speculate that there will not be an open system version. I run an open DSR2 and the compromise of the open system is that it sacrifices some efficiency, and this new design aims to be very efficient and achieve a European certification of some kind.
Great response Matt!
I have been looking for solid answers and not getting them yet myself.
We will all wait for Peter to share his final development!
You have more experience working with the DSR2 than I do.
Congratulations ! You just became (behind Peter of course) the Permies expert opinion guy on open DSR!