This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Electricity.
In this Badge Bit, you will install a solar powered waterpump. (Note that this BB is part of the choose your own adventure Big List. You must complete one Badge Bit in the Big List.)
Holding water high in your landscape is a goal many of us strive for. If it doesn't naturally appear there, you might have to pump it up there. Using the sun to do that is a neat option. Let's build a solar powered water pump.
Here are a few videos:
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- set up a solar water pump (combo w plumbing badge)
o no battery
o direct solar panel to pump
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide:
- Photo of the area where the pump and panel will be installed
- Photo of the pump and panel before you install/assemble them
- Photo of the completed installation
- Photo of water coming out of the pipe
- OR substitute a short video for the last two photos
Something must be done about this. Let's start by reading this tiny ad:
permaculture bootcamp - learn permaculture through a little hard work