• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Carla Burke
  • Nancy Reading
  • John F Dean
  • r ransom
  • paul wheaton
  • Jay Angler
  • Timothy Norton
stewards:
  • Pearl Sutton
  • Tereza Okava
  • Nicole Alderman
master gardeners:
  • Christopher Weeks
gardeners:
  • M Ljin
  • Megan Palmer
  • Pete Podurgiel

Your best apple recipes here please

 
Rusticator
Posts: 10083
Location: Missouri Ozarks
5625
7
personal care gear foraging hunting rabbit chicken cooking food preservation fiber arts medical herbs homestead
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Carla Burke wrote:Hi, Inge! I'm actually good. Including apples in savory dishes is definitely easy. But, many of us with a sweet tooth often miss the sweeter side of apples, for desserts - so, I thought I'd include some, here.



Ha! And, while this is true, some savory apple recipes would also be lovely, especially in this thread! I didn't mean - 'no don't bother', by any means. I (and I'm sure others!) would love to see and try them, please!
 
gardener
Posts: 3582
Location: Cascades of Oregon
1045
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I saw this the other day. 1/2 potatoes and 1/2 apples boiled, once soft, coarsely mash. While the potato/apples are boiling caramelize one large onion with butter. Serve the mashed mixture with the caramelized onions on top. Sounds good, haven't tried it yet.
 
look out! This tiny ad has a whip!
A book about better recipes for green living
https://greenlivingbook.com/
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic