Kanulaf Zuk wrote:
1. Living Roof: The roof of the kitchen would hopefully be a garden or living roof, growing edibles (How do I build the correct living roof with wood, 20ftx14ft, structurally sound, to support the weight of the living roof w/ edibles growing in what medium?
2. Water Harvest: Excess water runoff from the roof will be harvested to be used throughout the kitchen(What could be a simple and affordable filter for the water specifically from the living roof to make it potable?)
3. Biogas: Food scraps and organic waste could hopefully feed a small biogas unit to produce a gas stove top to cook the food or boil water, as well as create fertilizer (Has anyone had experience with the Homebiogas unit?, does it really work?) http://www.homebiogas.com/
4. Grey water: Grey water irrigating the gardens surrounding the kitchen
5. Refrigeration- Hoping to implement a chest fridge adaptation to run off of a small solar set up (From my understanding I have read the adapted chest fridge has operated on 100watts per day, so I am hoping a small 100 watt PV system could potentially power it. Has anyone had experience with the adapted chest fridge's power usage?) http://mtbest.net/chest_fridge.html