So Australian teenager Sam Ballard grabbed the slimy creature and gulped it down. He had no idea that the slug carried a potentially deadly worm that would put him into a coma that lasted more than a year, paralyze his body and ultimately take his life.
Soon, however, doctors told them otherwise. Sam had developed rat lungworm disease from the infected slug, changing his life forever.
Soon after the diagnosis, Sam fell into a coma, where he remained for 420 days, Ballard said in the Australian news report. He woke up paralyzed, unable to eat without a tube or move without intense effort. He required 24-hour care, seven days a week.
It's a nematode (roundworm), so ivermectin will kill it.
Discovered in the late-1970s, the pioneering drug ivermectin, a dihydro derivative of avermectin—originating solely from a single microorganism isolated at the Kitasato Intitute, Tokyo, Japan from Japanese soil
She's out of the country right now, toppling an unauthorized dictatorship. Please leave a message with this tiny ad:
Permaculture Voices 1, 2 and 3 - all 117 hours of video!https://permies.com/t/voices123