Hans Quistorff wrote:My pumpkins have hulless seeds so while drying the seeds I also dehydrate the flesh. It requires no other cooking. I have decided the most efficient method is chop it in squares and triangles that fit on my mandoline and slice it down to the skin which I compost. For making pumpkin lour I use the french fry blade and they dehydrate to match stick size which powders easily in a coffee mill when I am grinding my other seeds. I had fun passing around the chips and asking people to guess what they were. They can be dusted with pumpkin pie spice for snacks
To lead a tranquil life, mind your own business and work with your hands.
Burra Maluca wrote:I've just bought some of Carol Deppe's Oregon Homestead Sweetmeat seeds, and I want to try her recipe for crustless pumpkin pie.
Here's a link - Perfect Pumpkin Pie
S Tonin wrote:
In the same vein, I've tried making tortillas/ gorditas with mashed pumpkin and masa harina with limited success. The dough was a little too moist to press correctly (I use a pie plate and plastic wrap on the counter since I don't have a press), but when I hand-patted it and fried them they were pretty good, though a bit dry because they were a little too thick. Next time I might add more water and let the dough hydrate longer, or maybe make it more like a batter and try doing it like a crepe.
Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Invasive plants are Earth's way of insisting we notice her medicines. Stephen Herrod Buhner
Everyone learns what works by learning what doesn't work. Stephen Herrod Buhner
Argue for your limitations and they are yours forever.
Mandy Launchbury-Rainey wrote:
Hans Quistorff wrote:My pumpkins have hulless seeds so while drying the seeds I also dehydrate the flesh. It requires no other cooking. I have decided the most efficient method is chop it in squares and triangles that fit on my mandoline and slice it down to the skin which I compost. For making pumpkin lour I use the french fry blade and they dehydrate to match stick size which powders easily in a coffee mill when I am grinding my other seeds. I had fun passing around the chips and asking people to guess what they were. They can be dusted with pumpkin pie spice for snacks
So glad I saw this. I have been trying out hulless seeded pumpkins and was wondering how to harvest the seeds. What is the flavour of the pumpkin like?
Hans Albert Quistorff, LMT projects on permies Hans Massage Qberry Farm magnet therapy gmail hquistorff
Invasive plants are Earth's way of insisting we notice her medicines. Stephen Herrod Buhner
Everyone learns what works by learning what doesn't work. Stephen Herrod Buhner
Trying to improve my little piece of the Earth and be an educational/motivation example for others
|
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. Steve flies like a tiny ad:
Come Visit Wheaton Labs!
https://permies.com/wiki/367505/Visit-Wheaton-Labs
|