To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- clean out at least 4 chicken nesting boxes
- fresh straw - maybe add a little DE in the boxes
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must:
- post a picture of 4 dirty nesting boxes
- post a picture of you replacing the straw
- post a picture of the 4 clean nest boxes
- OR a 2 minute video of you doing all of this
It was time to clean out the deep litter in the coop a couple days ago. So I got to clean out the nest boxes as well. Much like other wonderful people, I use pine shavings for bedding and nest boxes (by-product of planing pallet wood for other projects). The front of the nest box flips down for egg access and the birds normally get at it from the back side.
First photo: Dirtyish nest box
Second photo: Cleaned out and ready
Third photo: DE sprinkled around ready for bedding
Fourth photo: Glimmer is checking out the new bedding
"Hundreds of years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the type of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that it becomes a tourist destination"
Support Paul's Awesome Greenhouse Kickstarter HERE