- use natural fabrics: cotton, linen, or canvas
- minimum size: 36" long by the width of fabric but not less than 40"
To document completion of the BB, provide proof of the following as pics or video (< 2 minutes):
- Write a few words on your method
- The fabric, oil/wax, and tools you will use for your project
- Making the wax/oilcloth
- Finished cloth (with a tape measure)
Clarification: this is NOT a two-fer with the oilcloth lunch bag BB.
Note: the post refers to using mineral oil, but the recipe cited and the photo specify mineral spirits. I’d be very interested in something like this that doesn’t use petroleum distillates, because of both the petroleum and the VOCs. Once this is well ventilated it is probably pretty good, but some folks are sensitive to spirits. Thanks for the post, as well as the window coverings one! Inspiring!
ice is for people that are not already cool. Chill with this tiny ad:
Switching from electric heat to a rocket mass heater reduces your carbon footprint as much as parking 7 cars