This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Electricity.
In this Badge Bit, you will get a motion detector flood light working.
Lamps and their wiring vary greatly, just be safe when pursuing this BB
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- get a motion detector flood light functioning properly
- this is a true repair or adjustment, not just replacing a light bulb
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide:
- a short video of the flood light not working
- a short video of the flood light working
- the repair can be to adjust the sensitivity and other settings on the flood light
- the repair can also be to rewire the switch (or eliminate) so that the programming of the light isn't confused by switch mis-operation
I got sick of our motion detector only coming on when you got really close and then staying on forever. The first 56 seconds of the video is how the light acted. Then I adjusted the sensitivity higher so it can see me when I'm farther away and then shortened the time significantly. Starting at the 57 second mark is how it works post-adjustment.
"Hundreds of years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the type of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that it becomes a tourist destination"