Let's all chant...
"get Paul land"
"get Paul land"
DING DING DING DING DING!!! We have a winner Folks!
Richard Kutscher wrote:After watching the video I would assume some people would actually want plans or something in order to put to use what they saw in the video. Until the shippable core is released (probably less than a year) to the masses, they would need some type of "guide".
So, as part of the kickstarter process, would it be possible to include Ernie and Erica's (subject to their blessing and approval of course) plans in one of the rewards, or as an add-on, probably at a slightly discounted "bundled" rate?
Doing this would help boost the numbers and most likely get more people actually DOING something, rather than watching four excellent DVD's. It would also give people all the information needed, and probably motivation, to actually follow through with what they learned.
paul wheaton wrote:Nathan,
Can you give me links to services that provide that sort of thing?
paul wheaton wrote:
Last month's rocket mass kickstarter was about a project ernie and erica were involved in a couple of years ago. That is a cob based rocket mass heater.
1) With more funds we can get even better graphics and animation done.
2) We are not yet sure if we will sell these DVDs outside of the kickstarter.
3) I think the most powerful thing a person can do to prepare for the future is build knowledge. This is something that can be built from junk, uses one tenth the wood of conventional "efficient" wood stoves. And provides heat without giving away your position. This knowledge is of use if times get tough, or even if they don't.
4) If folks follow the link from TSP and hit $4000 to this, I will list Jack and TSP as "Supreme Executive Producer with bacon, cheese and sparkles" complete with a sound track of cheering. At the beginning and end of the DVD. Plus say it on the box.
5) I like the idea that this is not a charity. You don't give money and hope things work out. I like the idea that you are buying something in advance. There is no bank making business loans. Plus, if you do like giving money to charity - I cannot think of anything in the world that will do the world more good than this. Buying my stuff furthers my empire to build a better world one brick at a time.
6) I like the idea that if this information becomes well known, it could eliminate fracking and greatly reduce other energy based pollutions. I'm tried of other people polluting the air I breath and the water I drink. I suspect this could also reduce energy based wars.
7) Nobody should buy this for the sake of the idea that it makes me richer. But it does make me richer. And I like that.
8) If we can cross the $100,000 mark for this kickstarter, I think it adds a level of legitimacy to this technology and to all of my projects.
9) Last month I tried to give advice to a youngster putting together a rocket mass heater DVD and he didn't take my advice. I like the idea of gleaning ten times more after his effort. Showing that there might be some value in listening to the ugly old geezers.
10) If there is a more sustainable way to heat a conventional home, I would very much like to hear about it. In other words: this .... is ..... it.
11) Rocket mass heaters is just a part of it. There is fire science, rocket hot water, j-tube rocket stove, the poor man's forge, the pocket rockets and more.
12) (I like the number 12 - so I needed 12 items on this list) You can get your name to appear in all of the videos.
Raise over $80,000- Hire Sam Greenspan 3 days a week to work on 99% Invisible exclusively and increase production to 35 episodes/year.
Raise over $90,000- Produce a video episode with ZeroOne Productions as part of Season 3.
Raise over $100,000- Hire Sam 4 days a week to work on 99% Invisible exclusively and increase production to 40 episodes/year.
Raise over $115,000- Website redesign. Tumblr served me well (and it was free), but doesn’t have the functionality the audience demands.
Raise over $175,000- Hire PRX app team to develop a 99% Invisible smart phone app. Something amazing like their Radiolab or KCRW Music Mine apps.
Raise over $200,000- Research cloning Roman so we can get this all done.
If you live in a cold climate and on the grid, incandescent light can use less energy than LED. Tiny ad:
Switching from electric heat to a rocket mass heater reduces your carbon footprint as much as parking 7 carshttp://woodheat.net