thomas rubino wrote:There really is no good excuse for causing your own chimney fire.
But people have been doing it since your great grandfather's time. Is the excuse you'll hear...
That doesn't make it smart or right.
D Nikolls wrote:Ventless propane is NOT your friend. Especially in a seacan. Bad idea.
Alden Banniettis wrote: I have seen advice given on various forms that says to burn a hot fire in the morning in order to burn out any creosote that might have formed in the flue/chimney.
Jordan Holland wrote:From my experience, I have noticed a quick hot fire in a cold system kind of shocks the system, and as the stovepipe/liner expands from the heat, the deposits break loose and fall free.