This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Animal Care.
In this Badge Bit you will make a house for mason bees or other types of solitary bees.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- it must be designed to satisfy the cavity nesting characteristics of a solitary bee species of your area
- it must be designed/located to protect the tubes from rain
- natural wood and steel/wood fasteners (no glue, plywood, stain, paint)
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must:
- post a pic of your solitary bee house under construction
- post a pic of your finished solitary bee house in its final mounted location