Some people seem to think that there is nothing to do here in winter, but there is LOTS to do:
- keep that sawmill running!
- frost seeding
- the festival of shelves
- junkpole fence at basecamp: Winter is the perfect time to build junkpole fence at basecamp
- equipment maintenance
- we run rocket mass heaters and other rocket contraptions. Winter is the best time to really understand the value of all the rocket mass heaters we have. And to build experience with each of them. And because we have so many rocket mass heaters, this place might be one of the best cold climate places to be in the winter.
- as we use firewood, we try to replace it for fuel to be used next year
- Winter is a good time to make skiddable structures next to the shop. When the structures are done, we can move them where we need them.
- Experience the ATI of the wofati and the wofatigreenhouse - Plow some snow with the tractor from time to time
Plus for this upcoming 2020/2021 winter, I got the idea that we should try to add a little levity. So here is the current plan to lighten things a pinch through the darkest days of the year:
thu nov 26 - thanksgiving - all day off (maybe a magnificent dinner?) (josiah cooks)
wed dec 2 - day of light - a half day of improving the lighting in and around our nest
thu dec 10 -- christmas decorating for 4 hours
wed dec 16 - half day of christmas baking
wed dec 23 - half day of making christmas stockings
o further cool decorations
o christmas movies
fri dec 25 - all day off - go into missoula and get chinese take out for everybody
wed dec 30 - half day of movies and spiced cider
fri jan 1 - half day of putting away christmas stuff plus movies
wed jan 6 - pina colada day (half day), blended drinks, pizza and the house is 80 degrees (buy hawaiian shirts for everybody?)
I love the (new normal) Holidays!
Btw Jan 6th is my birthday so "Let them eat cake 🎂! I will bake!
I am already working on decorations! Also for the dock!
Awesome to be a part of this community!
Shaman minister Reiki master long-distance ocean swimmer currently residing in Florida licensed massage therapist healer source code meditation student Tai chi student currently building Tennessee property for self-sustaining in search of builder