What You Get with PIE
Access to special discounts with our vendors
Here's some of the vendors offering discounts to our PIE members:
Best Tools and Supplies for Regenerative Agrarians by New Farm Supply (PIE Offer)Comfrey Root Cuttings by Marsh Creek Farmstead (PIE Offer)Quality Homestead Hand Tools by The Tool Merchants (PIE Offer)Comfort Filling products by The Natural Filling Store (PIE Offer)Solar Food Dehydrator Plans by Davin Hoyt (PIE Offer) World Domination Gardening 3-DVD Set by Paul Wheaton (PIE Offer) Permaculture Voices PV1, PV2, and PV3 Bundle by Diego Footer (PIE Offer) Complete Wild Edibles Package (1 HD video + 10 eBooks) by Sergei Boutenko (PIE Offer) How to Make Your Own Emergency Home Battery Bank by Steven Harris (PIE Offer)$50 and up Underground House + Greenhouse + DVDs package by Mike Oehler (PIE Offer)
If you want to see your biz on this list, click here.
Free Stuff for PIE holders:
Helen Atthowe 2 hour presentationECO Poser video by Chad SentmanSneak Peak at Paul Wheaton's New Book45 minute video of wheaton labs from Justin Rhodescare and feeding of a rocket mass heater video
Here are features available only to PIE people:
view and post in the pie forum
- Superpowers on your permies.com account
- Discounts and special offers from vendors that want you to have PIE
- Access to a private forum just for people with PIE
- A collection of freebies just for people with PIE
- Your account is highlighted with a piece of pie, showing that you are part of the inner circle
- ability to give PIE to others
- ability to buy certain items with PIE
highlight one thread with a pie (does not cost pie) give pie to a good post (costs pie, highlights the thread with pie, and the author gets pie) send pie to others (costs pie) have 5 more bumper stickers add more forums to a thread ability to add two thumbs up; ability for thumbs down private user notes show thread starter in list of threads show registration date for users under their name instead of as hover text show last commenter in list of threads ability to post to the cider press (provided you also have enough apples) extra features you can control from your profile
- get free stuff that is currently in the pie forum, stuff that is normally not free
- get discounts from businesses that love PIE people (see the list above)
How Pie Works
PIE stands for Permaculture Inner Circle Elite - it's a special classification for members on this site that gives you access to great discounts from our vendors, as well as the private Pie forum, and a variety of handy little features in the forums too, just because we love you.
The idea is that you can get pie in a variety of ways:
you buy pie here. somebody gives you pie (usually for a really informative post) you earn enough apples to get pie
Once you have received Pie, you can access all of those spiffy features and discounts. You'll get an email by default (unless you adjust your settings) when you get a piece of pie, and you can track you pies under 'Pie' at the very tippy top of your forum screen.
- turn off the wood background
- hide the site logo
- larger signature
- turn off ads
- show the pie icon next to your display name
- keep track, thread-by-thread, of what you have and have not yet seen
- hide your email/PM info
- show time in customizable time zone rather than "2 hours ago"
- ability to show, in a thread, how far you have viewed in the past
is a great place to ask about pie and make suggestions for pie for the future.