For this badge bit, you will make two loaves of bread. They can be "normal", paleo, vegan, gluten free (here's my favorite recipe for gluten-free peasant bread), a "quick bread" like banana bread, or a Paul's "polydough"
Here's a picture of Paul's Polydough
Here's a picture of gluten-free peasant bread
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- two loaves of bread.
- the bread must be slice-able and not crumble to pieces.
- It shouldn't be burnt.
- Not using a bread machine
- the two loaves can be the same or different (cinnnamon raisin, jalapeno, herb, etc.)
- can be combined with rocket.sand.oven BB for a twofer
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must:
- Link to/post the recipe you used
- post picture of the ingredients getting mixed
- post a picture of the completed loafs and a slice of each of them
o showing that the loaves are not burnt, cooked all the way through and slice well
- All food prep and preservation BBs strictly prohibit plastic, teflon or aluminum touching the food at any point
First one is plain. Second one i added rosemary sprigs. Its an almost no knead bread. Mix all ingediants into ball. Cover for 8 to 18 hours. Knead it ten times. Oil it,set on parchment. Wait 2 hours. Place in cast iron.Heat at 425 with lid on for 20 minutes then 25 minutes with lid off.
I hope I selected the right pictures. I made an oatmeal pumpkin bread that came out nice and moist and was delicious with homemade apple butter. The other one was just an artisan loaf that I make all the time. It is no knead and super easy and everyone raves about it.
Recipe: mix 85 grams of starter, 359 grams of water and 520 grams of flour with 1 3/4 tsp salt. Let stand, covered 18 hours. Fold 15 times and shape into loaf. Let rise covered in oven with pot of 3 cups boiling water. Cook at 425 for 60 min covered, starting with loaf in Dutch oven in cold oven. Cook uncovered for 10 min. Let cool before cut.
I made 2 cinnamon raisin breads and a big loaf with lemon, rosemary, thyme, and black olive in it. I based the ratio of sugar, spice, and everything nice added into the dough from these websites.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Savory Quickbread