For this badge bit, you will bake six different things!
Minimum requirements for this BB:
- Bake six things
- At least two things are baked in a rocket oven - At least two things baked in cast iron - Bake one of each
- Sweet bread (banana bread, zucchini bread, etc)
- Pie - Bake two of the following (no duplication - ie. not two fritatas):
- Dinner rolls
- Cinnamon rolls
- Cinnamon bread or other fancy bread
- Pizza (must be very different from your sand badge pizza)
- Bread (must be very different from your sand badge bread)
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide proof of the following as pictures or video (<2 mins):
- give the recipe for each thing you are baking
- preparing each type of food to be baked
- baking each type of food using the methods described (in the above minimum requirements)
- finished baked goods (that meet the above minimum requirements)
1st bake, bread tortillas. They did not want to roll out so are kinda fat like English muffins.
3 c fresh ground flour 1 tsp salt 1/4 c melted bacon grease 3/4 c sourdough starter.
2nd bake (cup) cakes. Making these for Valentine's day unfortunately the heart shaped 1/2 of the batch had an errand gust of gravity and ended up All over the floor.
7/8 fresh ground flour 1/2c sourdough starter 1/2c homemade yogurt 1/2c melted coconut oil 2/3c raw sugar 1tsp vanilla 1 egg 3/8c coco powder 1/2tsp Sea salt
3rd bake It's either here or stir fry. crepes!
2 c sourdough starter, 3 eggs, 3 Tbs melted butter, 3 Tbs brown sugar, 3 pinches of salt.
Okay try again 3rd baked french toast 6 eggs, 1/4 c milk 1 Tbs brown sugar, 1 Tbs flour, and a sprinkle of all the spices that taste good in pie. Slice as much bread as will fit on your baking tray, dip in egg mix place on parchment or similar liner bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
4th bake sourdough cinnamon rolls
1/2 c sourdough starter, 1c homemade yogurt, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1/4 c melted butter, 2 c whole wheat flour, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp baking powder,1 tsp baking soda. 1/4 c softened butter, 1/4c brown sugar, 2 Tbs cinnamon, 1/4 c chopped nuts
5th bake pie flour, water, cold butter, apple chunks fermentation, flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, olive oil
6th bake naan
3/4c homemade yogurt, 1 Tbs olive oil, 2 c ww flour, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp yeast, melted butter to brush on top. The stoneware baking sheet develops a seasoning like cast iron and is even more sensitive to being washed with soap ( soap in pores flavors everything you bake afterwards.)
7th bake cornbread