• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
permaculture forums growies critters building homesteading energy monies kitchen purity ungarbage community wilderness fiber arts art permaculture artisans regional education skip experiences global resources cider press projects digital market permies.com pie forums private forums all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
master stewards:
  • Nicole Alderman
  • Anne Miller
  • Pearl Sutton
  • r ranson
stewards:
  • Mike Haasl
  • paul wheaton
  • Dave Burton
master gardeners:
  • John F Dean
  • jordan barton
  • Carla Burke
  • Leigh Tate
gardeners:
  • Steve Thorn
  • Greg Martin
  • Jay Angler
 
steward
Posts: 33999
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I added three new videos to the PIE private forum:

  - presentation by Helen Atthowe

  - the "eco poser" video by Chad Sentman

  - the Justin Rhodes bonus video

 
master steward
Posts: 16139
Location: Pacific Northwest
7387
4
hugelkultur kids cat duck forest garden foraging fiber arts sheep wood heat homestead
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

paul wheaton wrote:I just now made the first post in this thread be a wiki using our new "full screen" mode.   What do you think?



Personally, I didn't like it, but that was because (1) the link to the rest of the thread was small and kind of hard to locate, and (2) I ended up on the "full screen" mode when navigating from page 4 to page 1. I didn't want to have to load two pages just to get to page 1 of the thread.

Perhaps, if a person clicks on "page 1" they get taken to the first page of the thread. If they click on the title, they get taken to the full-page view, and the full page view has a nice, easy-to-locate link to the rest of the thread?
 
paul wheaton
steward
Posts: 33999
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Nicole Alderman wrote:

paul wheaton wrote:I just now made the first post in this thread be a wiki using our new "full screen" mode.   What do you think?



Personally, I didn't like it, but that was because (1) the link to the rest of the thread was small and kind of hard to locate, and (2) I ended up on the "full screen" mode when navigating from page 4 to page 1. I didn't want to have to load two pages just to get to page 1 of the forum.

Perhaps, if a person clicks on "page 1" they get taken to the first page of the thread. If they click on the title, they get taken to the full-page view, and the full page view has a nice, easy-to-locate link to the rest of the thread?



Devaka and I just had a really long email exchange about your suggestions.  Some changes will be made!
 
paul wheaton
steward
Posts: 33999
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

paul wheaton wrote:I am going to leave the price for a dozen pies (144 slices) at $100 for a few days.  



The price for pie is currently:

$3 for a single slice

$2.50 per slice for a whole pie (12 slices)

$0.69 per slice for 12 pies ($100 total)

The price for 12 pies will go up in a couple of days to $2.08 per slice ($300 total)



 
master steward & author
Posts: 22515
Location: Left Coast Canada
6541
3
books chicken cooking fiber arts sheep writing
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I like the new buy pie picture
 
pollinator
Posts: 436
56
hugelkultur tiny house books urban chicken solar
  • Likes 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

paul wheaton wrote:I added three new videos to the PIE private forum:

  - presentation by Helen Atthowe

  - the "eco poser" video by Chad Sentman

  - the Justin Rhodes bonus video


I just saw this, and had forgotten about that video.

How's the reaction been? I'm sorry, I feel like I dropped the ball, but that whole project took a serious backseat after we got land. I do intend to eventually continue unless someone else beats me to it.
 
paul wheaton
steward
Posts: 33999
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Chad Sentman wrote:

paul wheaton wrote:I added three new videos to the PIE private forum:

  - presentation by Helen Atthowe

  - the "eco poser" video by Chad Sentman

  - the Justin Rhodes bonus video


I just saw this, and had forgotten about that video.

How's the reaction been? I'm sorry, I feel like I dropped the ball, but that whole project took a serious backseat after we got land. I do intend to eventually continue unless someone else beats me to it.



I think the reception has been all positive.  Not huge raves - but generally positive.  

I didn't want to make the video public without your permission and you never responded, so I started giving it away with patreon and then pie!


Hey everybody!  If you like Chad's video, click on the thumbs up for his post (the post just before this post)!



 
r ranson
master steward & author
Posts: 22515
Location: Left Coast Canada
6541
3
books chicken cooking fiber arts sheep writing
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I really enjoyed Chad's video.  He has a lovely voice.  
 
paul wheaton
steward
Posts: 33999
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
For a very long time the system was configured so that people would get a free piece of PIE every 20 apples.   The algorithm is being changed so that people will get a piece of PIE after 20 apples, but not every 20 apples.
 
pollinator
Posts: 1816
Location: Meppel (Drenthe, the Netherlands)
568
hugelkultur dog forest garden urban cooking bike
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

paul wheaton wrote:For a very long time the system was configured so that people would get a free piece of PIE every 20 apples.   The algorithm is being changed so that people will get a piece of PIE after 20 apples, but not every 20 apples.


Do you mean they get a slice of PIE only when they have (their first) 20 apples? So I won't get free PIE anymore? Or isn't that what you mean?
 
paul wheaton
steward
Posts: 33999
Location: missoula, montana (zone 4)
hugelkultur trees chicken wofati bee woodworking
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
When a person gets to 20 apples, they get a slice of free pie.  

When a person gets to 40 apples, or 60 apples or 80 apples, no more free pie.  

Of course, whenever somebody gives you pie, you get pie.  

This is all part of the staff trying to deal with stuff in the cider press.  This is one of the strategies to make it so that there are fewer posts to the cider press - so less staff time gets sucked into the cider press.

 
Inge Leonora-den Ouden
pollinator
Posts: 1816
Location: Meppel (Drenthe, the Netherlands)
568
hugelkultur dog forest garden urban cooking bike
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

paul wheaton wrote:When a person gets to 20 apples, they get a slice of free pie.  

When a person gets to 40 apples, or 60 apples or 80 apples, no more free pie.  

Of course, whenever somebody gives you pie, you get pie.  

This is all part of the staff trying to deal with stuff in the cider press.  This is one of the strategies to make it so that there are fewer posts to the cider press - so less staff time gets sucked into the cider press.


Thank you. Yes, you're right, somebody can give PIE.
I don't know what was in the cider press, I don't visit that often.
gift
 
Common Weeds And Wild Edibles Of The World (HD video)
will be released to subscribers in: soon!
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic