Finished 2 life quests (well... almost). Wondering what to do next? Zone 5b
Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mike Barkley wrote:goo gone The pros use this.
simple green I prefer this because I believe it's more environmentally friendly.
“It’s said war—war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road—has reached its end.”
JayGee
“It’s said war—war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road—has reached its end.”
Weeds are just plants with enough surplus will to live to withstand normal levels of gardening!--Alexandra Petri
Nails are sold by the pound, that makes sense.
Alder Burns wrote:I have rehabilitated hundreds of jars, many scrounged from dumpsters and recycling centers, which had not only labels but often foul and dried food residue inside. I put them into what I called the "long soak" by filling a tub or barrel with water and sinking them down in there till there were jars sunken every which way most of the way to the top. Then start an ecosystem in the water with water plants and add some mosquito fish. Frogs and toads and such will find their way in too. Have the thing in at least part sun so that algae will grow nicely. Leave them there for a year. All the microbes and so on in the water will treat the gunk and the glue as food. When I finally fish them all out, mostly they will wipe and rinse sparkly clean!
He whai take kore noa anō te kupu mēnā mā nga mahi a te tangata ia e kōrero / His words are nothing if his works say otherwise
Invasive plants are Earth's way of insisting we notice her medicines. Stephen Herrod Buhner
Everyone learns what works by learning what doesn't work. Stephen Herrod Buhner
You should never forget that every creature has its purpose in the cycle of nature and can also be very important to humans. Sepp Holzer's Permaculture
T Blankinship wrote:Get a labelnator! It is one of the tools I use to get labels off of bottles and it works. Here is a link: http://www.labelnator.com/
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. (E.E.Hale)
How Permies works: https://permies.com/wiki/34193/permies-works-links-threads
My projects on Skye: The tree field, Growing and landracing, perennial polycultures, "Don't dream it - be it! "
How permies.com works
What is a Mother Tree ?
"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." C.S. Lewis
Visit https://themaineingredient.com for organic, premium dried culinary herbs that are grown, processed, and packaged in the USA.
r ranson wrote:I want to re-use my glass jars, but those pesky labels are impossible to get off.
Anyone know how to remove labels from glass jars?
$10.00 is a donation. $1,000 is an investment, $1,000,000 is a purchase.
JayGee
Teri Schuster wrote:I recently found info on this if you can't get the sticky goo off use a combination of baking soda and an oil like olive oil it works beautifully!!!
Together is our favorite place to be
Invasive plants are Earth's way of insisting we notice her medicines. Stephen Herrod Buhner
Everyone learns what works by learning what doesn't work. Stephen Herrod Buhner
Cristo Balete wrote:Depending on the type of glue involved, and if the label is paper and not some kind of foil, snails will eat it off the jar! I kid you not! My neighbor gives me bottles of wine with his labels on them, he never wanted the bottles back because he couldn't get the labels off without a lot of work, until I left them out and overnight the snails would clean off all the labels. Most of this happens at night when they come out from wherever they are hiding during the day. I have some shevles on the shady side of a shed, and that's where they came to the bottles. I've also caught them eating 3x5 cards. Banana slugs will eat paper, too.
"Also, just as you want men to do to you, do the same way to them" (Luke 6:31)
Steve Hampton wrote:Soak in hot soapy water, then use a cheap vegetable oil to help remove any residual sticky, that the soap doesn't bring off.