This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Animal Care.
In this Badge Bit you will make a hotel for beneficial insects. If you use pallets, do not use the blue ones. They are covered in toxic ick.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- it must facilitate at least three different critters
- it must be designed to do a halfway decent job of protecting them from rain
- natural materials and steel/wood fasteners (no glue, plywood, stain, paint)
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must:
- post a pic under construction
- post a pic of your finished insect hotel in its final location
- describe what critters you facilitate and how
All of the world's problems can be solved in a garden - Geoff Lawton. Tiny ad:
2019 ATC (Appropriate Technology Course) in Montana