For this BB, you will make a sewn repair to mend a hole or broken stitching on the upper part of leather shoes or sandals. The goal is to display your skills at repairing leather in a way that can hold up to being footwear.
How to repair hiking boots using the Speedy Stitcher
You might find the saddle stitch useful, as it requires just an awl and two needles:
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- Mend a hole or broken in the upper part of leather shoes, boots, or sandals
- Use a sewn mending technique, not glues or goo
To document your completion of the BB, provide proof of the following as pictures or a video (less than two minutes):
- Show the shoe or sandal in need of repair
- Describe how you will repair it
- Show the tools and materials you will use
- Show the repair in progress
- Show you mended shoes or sandals, now ready to wear
That's what we're working on, Inge! And, eventually, the badges in you signature will link the post where you earned that badge! And, hopefully soon we'll have it so anyone who has earned a Sand badge can approve sand BBs in that field!