In this Badge Bit you will drive a truck and trailer backwards with turns.
Here is a video showing how to back up a trailer and how to back it up with turns.
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- you must drive a truck and trailer backwards 150 feet
- turn around obstacle(s) so the trailer deliberately ends up oriented at least 90 degrees differently from how it started
- properly connect and disconnect trailer from truck
- test that the lights are working correctly
- any street-legal motor vehicle is acceptable
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must:
Post a 2 minute video of you:
- connecting the trailer properly
- testing the lights
- driving a truck and trailer backwards and with turns
- disconnecting the trailer properly
I hauled the neighbor's leaves to my chicken run today. Can you believe they let us rake them up and haul them away for free???
My videographer was very concerned with avoiding getting the license plate in the frame so it's impossible to see the obstacles on the other side I was avoiding (including a fire pit), and how I had to cut tightly around the stumps to get close to the chicken run door. The starting position is more than 90 degrees away from the ending position. The backing up portion of the video was sped up slightly to get the video under 2 minutes.
"Hundreds of years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the type of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that it becomes a tourist destination"