For this BB you will create a decoction from dandelion root.
Decoction is a method of extraction by boiling herbal or plant material to dissolve the chemicals of the material, which may include stems, roots, bark and rhizomes.
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes of dandelion and how to ID and to harvest dandelion root. Add it to the herb section.
- Make a journal page about the uses and attributes and a recipe for dandelion root decoction
- Make the decoction, and take a picture of it being made, and of it being finished.
Photo of dandelion root from Mountain Rose Herbs website:
Here is a good description on how to make dandelion root decoction.
To show you've completed this BB you must post pictures of the following:
- the journal page showing the attibutes of dandelion and how to ID and harvest it
- the journal page showing the attibutes of the dandelion root decoction
- picture of the dandelion root, either harvested by you or purchased
- picture of the decoction being made
- picture of the finished decoction in its labeled jar.
Die Fledermaus does not fear such a tiny ad:
This is an example of the new permies.com Thread Boost feature