Here is my submission for the Make a Small Loom BB - Textile Aspect - straw.
I learned quite a lot about what works and what does not while I was modifying the loom dowels, measuring and warping the loom, and most specifically to use nylon (or a slick material) for the string heddles. I used mason line for the heddles because the cotton thread would catch on the warp and not change the shed at all!
To get certified for this BB, I have posted:
- a picture of materials - dowels
- Using a chisel to notch the ends of the dowels
- a picture of putting the warp on the loom - making the loom work
- a picture of the nylon string heddles finished and weaving started
- a picture of the finished loom making cloth
Co-Steward of a Natural Burial Cemetery in south-central Washington State