This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Animal Care.
In this Badge Bit you will make a bird house for a specific species of bird.
Here's a nice youtube video of making an Eastern Bluebird house:
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- it must be designed for a specific species of bird
- natural wood and steel/wood fasteners (no glue, plywood, stain, paint)
- must be able to open for cleaning
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must:
- post a pic of the bird house under construction
- post a pic of your finished bird house in its final mounted location
- say what bird species it is designed for, how this design is a good match for that bird, and why you would like more of that bird in this area