This is a badge bit (BB) that is part of the PEP curriculum. Completing this BB is part of getting the sand badge in Nest.
In this Badge Bit, you will shovel snow from a walk. (Note that this BB is part of an 8-part choose your own adventure list BB called the Jeeves List. You must complete eight Badge Bits in the Jeeves List.)
To complete this BB, the minimum requirements are:
- shovel snow from a walk
- at least an inch deep and 60 feet long
- make sure there is excellent access to the mailbox and delivery shed
To show you've completed this Badge Bit, you must provide:
- a before picture of snowy walk
- an action shot of you shoveling snow from the walk that is obviously an inch deep
- an after picture of the shoveled walk that is obviously 60 feet or longer and has good mailbox or delivery shed access
- OR a 2-minute video of you doing this
An excessive amount of unseasonably late, wet snow
My trusty shovel. The snow was fairly shallow when I started, but it kept on snowing.
The starter path
more snow moved. The pile on the side is getting pretty high. The snow appears to be letting up and the sun going down, so I quit for the night. this was a mistake as there was another four inches overnight.
What's really sad is we had the same again over the next few days. Since I'm the only one at home that can do this kind of labour, and we were out of hot cocoa, it made for some interesting days.